Landed is the band Can's seventh studio album, released in 1975. It is said to be the beginning of their poppier, less experimental era.
The album has been described as the band's attempt at glam rock, and the upbeat nature of most of the tracks do give the album this feel. The last and longest track on the album, however, "Unfinished", still has much more of an ambient feel similar to that found on earlier albums such as Future Days and Soon Over Babaluma.
Recording and production
Landed was recorded at Inner Space Studios at Schloss Nörvenich near Cologne, in 1975. It was engineered by Holger Czukay at Inner Space Studios. Side A was mixed by Toby Robinson and Holger Czukay at Studio Dierks in Stommeln, Germany, while side B was mixed by Czukay at Inner Space Studios, both sides under the assistance of René Tinner. The album was produced by the band themselves, and produced a single, "Hunters and Collectors", backed by "Vernal Equinox", which was issued on Virgin that same year.
||"Full Moon on the Highway" ||Czukay, Karoli, Liebezeit, Schmidt, Peter Gilmour||Czukay, Karoli, Liebezeit, Schmidt
||"Half Past One" ||Czukay, Karoli, Liebezeit, Schmidt, Peter Gilmour||Czukay, Karoli, Liebezeit, Schmidt
||"Hunters and Collectors" ||Czukay, Karoli, Liebezeit, Schmidt||Czukay, Karoli, Liebezeit, Schmidt
||"Vernal Equinox" ||none||Czukay, Karoli, Liebezeit, Schmidt
||"Red Hot Indians" ||Czukay, Karoli, Liebezeit, Schmidt||Czukay, Karoli, Liebezeit, Schmidt
||"Unfinished" ||none||Czukay, Karoli, Liebezeit, Schmidt
- Recorded at Inner Space Studio, (Schloss Nörvenich, near Cologne) by Holger Czukay 1975, assisted by Bob Hickmott
- Tracks 1 to 4 mixed by Toby Robinson and Holger Czukay at Studio Dierks, Stommeln, Germany
- Tracks 5 and 6 mixed by Holger Czukay at Inner Space Studio, Weilerswist, Germany
- Composed, written and produced by CAN.
- Holger Czukay – engineer, mixing
- Toby Robinson – mixing (Side A only)
- René Tinner – recording assistant and road management
- Bobby Hickmott – equipment control
- Christine – cover collage
- J. B. Lansing – P.A.
- Farfisa keyboards – electronics
- Alpha 77 - Zurich – electronics
- ↑ Boisen, Myles. "Can: Landed > Review" at AllMusic. Retrieved 2 November 2011.
- ↑ Leone, Dominique (12 July 2005). "Can: Landed". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2 November 2011.