Position of Kruununhaka within Helsinki
|Area||0.57 km2 (0.22 sq mi)|
|• Density||11,860/km2 (30,700/sq mi)|
Kruununhaka became the area next to the harbour and the center, when Helsinki was moved from the earlier location in the mid-1660s. From the very beginning, the residents included city and state officials.
Many buildings of the University of Helsinki are also situated in Kruununhaka. The area has become known for its vintage shops.
- Kirka Babitzin, singer
- Harri Holkeri, politician
- Magnus Lindberg, composer
- Johannes Virolainen, politician
- Bror-Erik Wallenius, sports commentator
- Presidential palace
- Pohjoisranta waterfront in Kruununhaka, as seen from nearby Katajanokka
Media related to Kruununhaka at Wikimedia Commons