Khoái Châu District
|Khoái Châu District|
Huyện Khoái Châu
|Region||Red River Delta|
|• Total||51 sq mi (131 km2)|
|Time zone||UTC + 7|
- During Hung Kings period, Khoái Châu belonged to Giao Chi borough.
- During the Ngô Dynasty, Khoái Châu was renamed Dang Chau.
- During the Đinh Dynasty, Khoái Châu belonged to Dang Dao.
- During the Lý and Trần dynasties, Khoái Châu was renamed Khoai Lo.
- Khoái Châu District is on the left bank of the Red River. It borders Văn Giang and Yên Mỹ districts to the north, Ân Thi District to the east, Kim Động District to the south, Hanoi's Thường Tín and Phú Xuyên districts to the west.
Khoái Châu district is divided into 26 xã (communes). The capital is Khoái Châu town.
As of 2003 the district had a population of 187,420. The district covers an area of 131 km². The district capital lies at Khoái Châu.
- "Districts of Vietnam". Statoids. Retrieved March 20, 2009.