Hankai Uemachi Line
Uemachi Line tram
|Opened||September 20, 1900|
|Operator(s)||Hankai Tramway, Co., Ltd.|
|Line length||4.4 km (2.7 mi)|
|Track length||4.4 km (2.7 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge (1910–)|
|Old gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in) (–1908)|
|Electrification||600 V, DC, overhead lines|
30 km/h (19 mph) (Kitabatake–Tezukayama Yonchome)|
40 km/h (25 mph) (other)
- September 20, 1900 – Osaka Horse Rail Co. (大阪馬車鉄道, Osaka Basha Tetsudo) from Tennoji-nishimon-mae to Higashi-Tengachaya was opened, with 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in) gauge rails.
- November 29, 1900 – The line was extended from Higashi-Tengachaya to Kamisumiyoshi (Present: Kaminoki).
- December 27, 1902 – The line was extended from Kamisumiyoshi to Shimosumiyoshi (Later: Sumiyoshijinja-mae, Present: Sumiyoshi).
- 1907 – Renamed "Osaka Densha Rail Co." (大阪電車鉄道), then "Naniwa Densha Tram Co." (浪速電車軌道).
- February 1, 1908 – The line was abandoned for the gauge conversion to standard gauge and electrification.
- December 24, 1909 – Nankai Railway consolidated Naniwa Densha Tram, then became the Uemachi Line.
- October 1, 1910 – The Uemachi Line was reopened after the completion of the gauge conversion and electrification. Tram operations were restarted between Tennoji-nishimon-mae and Sumiyoshijinja-mae.
- January 19, 1911 – Through operation to Osaka Municipal Tram started.
- January 12, 1912 – Through operation to Osaka Municipal Tram ended.
- July 12, 1913 – The Uemachi Line is extended from Sumiyoshijinja-mae to Sumiyoshikoen.
- December 24, 1921 – The Uemachi Line from Tennoji-nishimon to Tennoji-ekimae became the line of Osaka Municipal Tram.
- June 1, 1944 – Kansai Kyuko Railway Co. and Nankai Railway Co. were consolidated and became Kinki Nippon Railway Co., Ltd. (present: Kintetsu Railway).
- June 1, 1947 – Kinki Nippon divided rails of the former Nankai Lines to Nankai Electric Railway Co., Ltd., and the Uemachi Line became one of the lines of the Osaka Tram Line, as well as the Hankai Line and the Hirano Line.
- 1980 – After the final operation of the Hirano Line on November 27, the Uemachi Line and the Hankai Line were transferred to Hankai Tramway Co., Ltd. on December 1.
- July 4, 2009 – Through operation between Tennoji-ekimae and Hamadera-ekimae restarted.
- February 2, 2013 – Tennoji-ekimae Station became the only station from which trams go to Hamadera-ekimae.
- January 31, 2016 – The Uemachi Line is closed from Sumiyoshi to Sumiyoshikoen.
- 2月2日（土）にダイヤ改正を実施します [Diagram Revision on Saturday, February 2, 2013] (PDF) (in Japanese). Hankai Tramway Co., Ltd. January 18, 2013. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- Trams are operated between Tennoji-ekimae and Abikomichi or Hamadera-ekimae on the Hankai Line.
|Uemachi Line route map|
- Current section
- Tennoji-ekimae (HN01) -
Tokiwadōri- Abeno (HN02) - Nakamichi- Matsumushi (HN03) - Higashi-Tengachaya (HN04) - Kitabatake (HN05) - Himematsu (HN06) - Tezukayama-sanchōme (HN07) - Tezukayama-yonchōme (HN08) - Kaminoki (HN09) - Sumiyoshi (HN10)
- Through section on the Hankai Line
- Sumiyoshi (HN10) - Sumiyoshi-toriimae (HN12) - Hosoigawa (HN13) - Anryumachi (HN14) - Abikomichi (HN15) - Yamatogawa (HN16) - Takasu-jinsha (HN17) - Ayanocho (HN18) - Shimmeicho (HN19) - Myokokuji-mae (HN20) - Hanataguchi (HN21) - Oshoji (HN22) - Shukuin (HN23) - Terajicho (HN24) - Goryomae (HN25) - Higashi-Minato (HN26) - Ishizu-Kita (HN27) - Ishizu (HN28) - Funao (HN29) - Hamadera-ekimae (HN31)
- Dealt section to Osaka City (later abandoned)
- Tennōji (near Shitennō-ji) - Chausuyama - Kōen-higashimon
- Abandoned section
- Kōen-higashimon - Tennoji-eki-mae
- Sumiyoshi (HN10) - Sumiyoshikōen (HN11)
- 阪堺電車全停留場に駅ナンバリングを導入します [We will introduce the station numbering system at all stops on the Hankai Tramway Lines] (PDF) (in Japanese). Hankai Tramway Co., Ltd. February 23, 2012. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
|Tennoji-ekimae||Tennoji Station: West Japan Railway Company (JR-West) Yamatoji Line, JR-West Hanwa Line, JR-West Osaka Loop Line, Osaka Municipal Subway Midosuji Line, Osaka Municipal Subway Tanimachi Line|
Osaka Abenobashi Station: Kintetsu Minami Osaka Line
|Abeno||Osaka Municipal Subway Tanimachi Line|
|Tezukayama-sanchome||Tezukayama Station: Nankai Railway Koya Line|
|Kaminoki||Sumiyoshihigashi Station: Nankai Railway Koya Line|