Location of Hammarland in Finland
Location in Åland
|Coordinates: 60°13′N 019°44′E / 60.217°N 19.733°ECoordinates: 60°13′N 019°44′E / 60.217°N 19.733°E|
|Sub-region||Åland Countryside sub-region|
|• Municipal manager||Kurt Carlsson|
|• Total||1,223.01 km2 (472.21 sq mi)|
|• Land||138.17 km2 (53.35 sq mi)|
|• Water||1,084.84 km2 (418.86 sq mi)|
|Area rank||93rd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||310th largest in Finland|
|• Density||11.01/km2 (28.5/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Swedish||95.1% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||17.5%|
|• 15 to 64||64.9%|
|• 65 or older||17.6%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||16.5%|
The municipality has a population of 1,521 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 1,223.01 square kilometres (472.21 sq mi) of which 1,084.84 km2 (418.86 sq mi) is water. The population density is 11.01 inhabitants per square kilometre (28.5/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Swedish. 95% of its population has Swedish as their native language, making Hammarland one of the municipalities with the highest percentage of Swedish-speakers in Finland, and possibly in the world.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Citizen's Map Site – National Land Survey of Finland
Media related to Hammarland at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipal of Hammarland – Official website The official website of Hammarland]