Location of Föglö in Finland
Location in Åland Islands
|Coordinates: 60°01′50″N 020°23′15″E / 60.03056°N 20.38750°ECoordinates: 60°01′50″N 020°23′15″E / 60.03056°N 20.38750°E|
|• Municipal manager||Niklas Eriksson|
|• Total||1,869.02 km2 (721.63 sq mi)|
|• Land||134.78 km2 (52.04 sq mi)|
|• Water||1,734.24 km2 (669.59 sq mi)|
|Area rank||47th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||329th largest in Finland|
|• Density||4.18/km2 (10.8/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Swedish||90.6% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||14.9%|
|• 15 to 64||60.1%|
|• 65 or older||25%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||17.25%|
The municipality has a population of 564 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 1,869.02 square kilometres (721.63 sq mi) of which 1,734.24 km2 (669.59 sq mi) is water. The population density is 4.18 inhabitants per square kilometre (10.8/sq mi). The municipality is unilingually Swedish, yet in the last decade there has been some immigration from Estonia and Latvia due to the need of employees at the fish farms, the main industry in Föglö. The municipality is connected only by ferries to Lumparland which has a road connection to Mariehamn, and by ferries to mainland Finland.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Föglö at Wikimedia Commons