Enniscorthy (Parliament of Ireland constituency)
Enniscorthy was a constituency represented in the Irish House of Commons to 1800.
In the Patriot Parliament of 1689 summoned by King James II, Enniscorthy was represented with two members.
Members of Parliament, 1613–1801
- Sir Thomas Esmond, 1st Baronet, 1641 – 22 June 1642 (expelled)
- ↑ Expelled in 1703
- ↑ Created a baronet in 1780
- ↑ Declared not duly elected in 1783
- ↑ Also elected for Waterford City in 1798, for which he chose to sit
- ↑ O'Hart (2007), p. 504
- ↑ GEC, The Complete Baronetage, volume II (Exeter, 1902) page 255.
- O'Hart, John (2007). The Irish and Anglo-Irish Landed Gentry: When Cromwell came to Ireland. vol. II. Heritage Books. ISBN 0-7884-1927-7.
- Leigh Rayment's historical List of Members of the Irish House of Commonscites: Johnston-Liik, Edith Mary (2002). The History of the Irish Parliament 1692-1800 (6 volumes). Ulster Historical Foundation.