Emmerich railway station
Emmerich am Rhein, North Rhine-Westphalia|
|Coordinates||51°50′02″N 6°15′25″E / 51.83389°N 6.25694°ECoordinates: 51°50′02″N 6°15′25″E / 51.83389°N 6.25694°E|
The station is largely used by freight and features both the Dutch and German voltages on most tracks. In the past all trains had to change from a Dutch to a German locomotive and vice versa at Emmerich, but now there are more Dual Voltage locomotives that can operate in many countries, so through running often happens now without stopping.
The ICE from Amsterdam to Cologne, Frankfurt/Main and Basel all pass through the station without stopping. However the CityNightLine services stop here, even though not all of them have to change locomotives.
With the introduction of ICE 3 trains in 2000 the service between the Netherlands and Emmerich stopped, as the CNL services can only be used by passengers boarding the train at Emmerich at night or leaving the train in the morning. From December 2005 Dutch train operator Syntus started a service at weekends 4x per day between Arnhem and Emmerich. The service was unsuccessful and ceased after just 6 months.
In early 2014 platforms 1 and 2 were modernised, including new paving and a shelter to wait in.
From December 2016 Abellio will operate the RB35 between Düsseldorf, Duisburg, Emmerich and Arnhem.
- 1 daily CityNightLine service Amsterdam - Utrecht - Arnhem - Cologne - Munich
- 1 daily CityNightLine service Amsterdam - Utrecht - Arnhem - Cologne - Basel - Zurich
- Regional services Rhein-Express Emmerich - Wesel - Oberhausen - Duisburg - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Bonn - Koblenz
- Local services Der Weseler Emmerich - Wesel - Oberhausen - Duisburg - Düsseldorf (Peak hours only, Monday to Friday)
|Preceding station||Nederlandse Spoorwegen||Following station|
toward Amsterdam Centraal
|City Night Line 419|
|Preceding station||Deutsche Bahn||Following station|
|Terminus||RE 5 |
toward Koblenz Hbf
|Terminus||RB 35 |
toward Düsseldorf Hbf
A number of bus services are operated by NIAG and LOOK to the surrounding area. These are:
- SB58 (Emmerich - Kleve - Kranenburg - Nijmegen (NL) )
- 88 (Emmerich - Vrasselt - Praest - Rees)
- 91 (Emmerich - 's-Heerenberg (NL) )
- 92 (Emmerich - Speelberg)
- 93 (Emmerich - Vrasselt - Praest)
- 94 (Emmerich - Borghees - Elten)
- RE5 service at Emmerich calls at platform 1
- A freight train passing through Emmerich
- A view of the yard and station from the east
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Train stations in Emmerich am Rhein.|