In historical records, the village was first mentioned in 1243 as a royal dominion (1243 Durusk, 1318 Dursk, Dersk, Deresk, 1565 Drskowecz). In 1318, it belonged to feudatories Bebek. In 1551 it had to pay tributes to Turks. In the 18th century it passed to Csáky and in the 19th century to Coburg. From 1938 to 1945, it belonged to Hungary.
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia"
- Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1756-1896 (parish A)
- Surnames of living people in Drzkovce