Liverpool University Press
|Parent company||University of Liverpool|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Publication types||Books, academic journals|
|Imprints||Liverpool University Press, Modern Languages Open, Pavilion Poetry|
|Number of employees||13|
Liverpool University Press, founded in 1899, is the third oldest university press in England after Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press. One of the earliest heads of the press was Lascelles Abercrombie, the first poetry lecturer at the university. It specialises in modern languages, literatures, history, and visual culture and currently publishes approximately 70 books a year, as well as 25 academic journals. Their books are distributed in North America by Oxford University Press.
The press was short-listed for the Independent Publishing Guild Awards in 2012, 2013, and 2014, and in 2015 won the IPG Award for Academic and Professional Publisher of the Year. In the same year, the press won the Bookseller Industry Award for Independent Academic, Educational and Professional Publisher of the Year.
The company has ongoing collaborations with Tate, Foundation for Art and Creative Technology, Bluecoat Chambers, Public Monuments and Sculpture Association, and National Museums Liverpool. Among its flagship journals, the Bulletin of Hispanic Studies has been published since 1923 and Town Planning Review celebrated its centenary in 2010.
In 2015, the press launched Pavilion Poetry, a new imprint publishing collections of contemporary poetry. Mona Arshi was one of the first published poets and her book, Small Hands, won The Felix Dennis Prize for Best First Collection at the 2015 Forward Prizes for Poetry.
- "About Us". Liverpool University Press.
- "Information for Booksellers". Liverpool University Press.
- "Awards and Nominations". Liverpool University Press.
- "Our Partners". Liverpool University Press.
- "Modern Languages Open". Liverpool University Press.
- "Upcoming Events". Homepage. Forward Arts Foundation. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Good for publishers". Knowledge Unlatched.
- Droop, J.P. The University Press of Liverpool : A Record of Progress, 1899-1946, with a Catalogue of All Publications. Liverpool University Press,1947
- Liverpool University Press Archive, University of Liverpool Library, Special Collections and Archives