B-Sides & Rarities (Deftones album)
B-Sides & Rarities is a compilation album by alternative rock/metal band Deftones, consisting of a CD and a DVD. The CD compiled previously released and unreleased B-sides, while the DVD featured multimedia content, including a complete videography. It was released in 2005 by Maverick Records.
"B-Sides and Rarities is an overall resounding effort by perhaps the smartest members of the now moribund Nü-Metal genre", said Ayo Jegede of Stylus Magazine. He went on to say, "Each of these B-sides and alternates replicates a period in their career, so while the songs themselves may be new, they perfectly encapsulate each album of the band’s catalogue as though they were overarching epochs.
- "7 Words"
- "My Own Summer (Shove It)"
- "Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)"
- "Change (In the House of Flies)"
- "Back to School (Mini Maggit)"
- "Digital Bath"
- "Bloody Cape"
- "Engine Number 9"
- Dave Aaron — Engineer, mixing
- Karen Ahmed — Project supervisor
- Tom Baker — Remastering
- Andy Bennett — Video director
- Chris Burns — Video director
- Stephen Carpenter - Guitar, photography, group member
- Chi Cheng - Bass, group member
- Abe Cunningham - Photography, drums, group member
- Terry Date - Producer, engineer, mixing, remixing
- Deftones - Producer, compilation producer
- Frank Delgado - Photography, keyboards, group member
- Darren Doane - Video director
- Mike Donk — Photography
- Nick Egan — Video director
- Mike Engstrom — Project manager
- Sharyl Farber — Project assistant
- Paul Fedor — Video director
- Joe Fraulob — Guitar, engineer, soloist, mixing
- Jay Goin — Assistant
- Patrick Haley — Photography
- Sam Hofstedt — Assistant
- Paul Hunter — Video director
- Joe Johnston — Engineer, mixing
- Dean Karr — Video director
- Nick Lambrou - Video editor
- Nick Lambrou - DVD editor
- Frank Maddocks — Creative director, creative design
- Jonah Sonz Matranga — Vocals
- James Minchin — Photography, video director
- Chino Moreno - Vocals, group member
- Scott Olson — Guitar
- Purge — Video director
- Esther Somlo — Project supervisor
- Dorothy Stefanski — Project assistant
- Eric Steinman — Engineer
- Robbie Snow — Project manager
- Brian Virtue — Producer, engineer, mixing
- Amy Weiser — Photography
- Ulrich Wild — Assistant
- Steve Woolard — Project assistant
- Russ Busby — Videographer, video editor, video director