Antonio del Castillo y Saavedra
|Antonio del Castillo y Saavedra|
July 10, 1616|
February 2, 1668 51) (aged|
|Known for||painting, sculpture|
Antonio del Castillo y Saavedra was born at Córdoba, Spain.
He trained in painting under his father Agustín del Castillo, and after his death by a little-known religious painter named Ignacio Aedo Calderón from 1631 to 1634. Later he was taught in Seville by Francisco de Zurbarán and by his uncle Juan del Castillo, who was also teacher of Cano, Murillo and De Moya. In 1635 he returned to Córdoba, where he painted frescoes and oil paintings (such as those in the church of Santa Marina).
He died at Córdoba in 1668.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Antonio del Castillo.|
- Antonio Cánovas del Castillo at answers.com
- Antonio del Castillo y Saavedra (Spanish), plaque at his last residence in the Calle Muñices 27, Córdoba.
- Castillo Saavedra, Antonio del (Spanish), Museo Nacional del Prado.
- Juan del Castillo (German) in Friedrich Müller: Die Künstler aller Zeiten und Völker
- Antonio del Castillo y Saavedra (Spanish), article in the Cordobapedia.
- Castillo, Antonio del Archived November 21, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.