American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute
|Legal status||Trade association|
|Coordinates||Coordinates: 42°45′24″N 84°32′19″W / 42.75667°N 84.53861°W|
|American Hotel and Lodging Association|
The American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) is a nonprofit member benefit of the American Hotel and Lodging Association. Established in 1953, it provides hospitality education, training and professional certification that serves the needs of hospitality schools and industries worldwide.
The Educational Institute provides materials for all levels of hospitality personnel via: online learning, distance learning courses, videos, seminars, textbooks, and study guides.
The Educational Institute certifies and validates competencies in conjunction with academia and industry experts for over 35 positions in the hospitality industry; designations from line-level to general manager, CHA or Certified Hotel Administrator.
The Educational Institute has more than 90 licensed affiliates in 54 countries. EI has offices in Lansing, Michigan, Orlando, Florida and India, and holds exclusive Hospitality Education Program (HEP) license agreements in 45 countries connecting the Educational Institute to hospitality operations throughout Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.
Most certifications, especially CHA's, can earn undergraduate or graduate credit for their certification when they enroll in certain American Public University programs of study from the American Public University, and the University of Phoenix. The American Council on Education (ACE) determined the CHA certification is worth six semester credits at an upper-division baccalaureate degree level and three semester credits at a graduate degree levels.
- ↑ "The .. Industry:". Certified Hotel Administrators. Southwind Hospitality. Archived from the original on 17 October 2011. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- ↑ "CHA Certification". CHA. AHLEI. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- ↑ "We Train..". About the Educational Institute. AHLEI. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- ↑ Hospitality Career Path, Hospitality Career Path Certifications.
- ↑ http://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/College-Credit-Recommendation-Service-CREDIT.aspx