IPFS Weekly 52
by Jenn Turner on 2019-07-30
Welcome to the IPFS Weekly. 👋
The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is a new hypermedia distribution protocol, addressed by content and identity. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. Since that’s a pretty large scope, we track development across the ecosystem in this weekly dispatch.
Want this update in your inbox? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Here are some of the highlights since the last IPFS Weekly.
Installing IPFS & IPFS-Cluster on Raspberry Pi
Ever wanted to hack on IPFS and IoT? Aadhi Manivannan recently wrote a great tutorial on how to get started by installing IPFS and IPFS-Cluster on a Raspberry Pi. Check out the full tutorial for more details.
IPFS in the wild
- Decentralized Cloud Storage is changing the face of the internet, Hackernoon, 26 July 2019
- Now publishing pre-cached Prelude on IPFS, Dhall Discourse, 26 July 2019
- RTrade Announces Temporal Website Redesign, IPFS API, Enterprise Nodes and New Pricing, Temporal, 26 July 2019
- Unbundling Vectors of Centralization in Web3, Multicoin Capital, 25 July 2019
- Check out Elk: The Dev Board for the Decentralized World, Kickstarter, 25 July 2019
- Report: A study of libp2p and ETH2, Raúl Kripalani, 24 July 2019
- Re-decentralizing the Web, Haja Networks, 24 July 2019
- Smart Contract Based IPFS Storage for DAOs, Open Work Labs, 24 July 2019
- ARK Core: Path And Vision To V3, ARK.io, 24 July 2019
- 10+ Resources Every IPFS Developer Should Know About, The Startup, 23 July 2019
- Peergos at IPFS Camp, July 2019, Peergos, 22 July 2019
- The Graph (Part 1): How to Deploy a Subgraph on Ethereum, ProtoFire.io, 18 July 2019
Open Positions working on IPFS
- Senior Golang Engineer, Textile, Remote
- Distributed Systems Technical Lead, IPFS,, Protocol Labs, Remote
- IPFS Documentation & Technical Content Strategist, Protocol Labs, Remote
- UI/UX Designer, Qri, Brooklyn, New York (US)
Updates and new releases
See the latest releases of IPFS tools and projects across the ecosystem.
- Peergos: v0.0.11: now with QR code friend verification, folder upload and more!
Tools and projects we <3
Awesome IPFS is a community maintained and updated list of projects, tools, or pretty much any things related to IPFS that are totally awesome. To see more, or add yours to the list, visit Awesome IPFS on GitHub.
- MetaMask Mobile Beta — a bridge to the decentralized web, with a dapp-centric browsing experience, intuitive on-boarding, and features that sync with your desktop MetaMask accounts.
- Recently released: THC (Temporal HTTP Client) is a Golang library and CLI for common Temporal API calls
- Minerva: Build the Hadoop-Hive on IPFS, using Minerva, you could use standard SQL to query the file content on IPFS (json, csv format).
- Pinata Pinner: Small utility that adds an entire directory recursively to IPFS using the Pinata pinning service.
Coming up in the Community
Did you know IPFS has a community forum at discuss.ipfs.io? Sign up to participate in discussions about coding, tutorials, see announcements and learn about upcoming community events.
- 7 August 2019: Paris P2P is holding its first event, Paris P2P #0 to discuss the topics of peer-to-peer (P2P), decentralization, networks and autonomous communities, distributed and decentralized systems, and more. Submit your talk ideas here for future events.
- 14 August 2019: Join Women Who Code Cloud for an Introduction to IPFS inspiring women to excel in technology careers.
Thanks for reading ☺️
That’s it for this week’s news on all things IPFS. If we missed something, send us an email and let us know! That way we can feature you in next week’s edition.