3 November 1962|
Knin, SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia (now Croatia)
Serbia and Montenegro
|Service/branch||Military of Serbia|
President Boris Tadić invoked his constitutional powers of Commander-in-chief of the Military of Serbia and dismissed Zdravko Ponoš on 30 December 2008 as Chief of General Staff. Ponoš made public accusations against the Defense Minister Dragan Šutanovac in the media. It was also revealed that he had ignored the minister, and had not submitted a single report in a year.
- 1986 -Field Forces Military Technical Academy.
- 1999-Master Studies in Electrical Engineering at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, MS studies in Telecommunications.
- 2004-GS Specialist Studies, the Royal College of Defense Studies in London.
- 2005 Senior Executive Seminar, College of International and Studies, George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies, Germany,
- 2003 ETC course, Geneva Center for Security Policy, Switzerland
- Since 2006 Chief of SAF GS
- 2005-2006 Deputy Chief of SAF GS
- 2003-2004 Chief of the Integrations Group with the International Cooperation Department, MoD
- 2002-2003 Chief of the Integrations Section with the International Cooperation Department, MoD
- 1994-2002 Senior Desk Officer for Development and Procurement in the SAF GS Department of Electronic Reconnaissance and Anti-Electronic Warfare
- 1993-1994 Desk Officer for Development and Procurement in the Department of Intelligence with SAF GS
- 1988-1993 Desk Officer for Development and Procurement in the SAF GS Department of Electronic Reconnaissance and Anti-Electronic Warfare
- 1986-1988 Desk Officer in Units for Electronic Reconnaissance and Anti-Electronic Warfare
Published research papers
- Analysis of the anti-jamming characteristics of GPS receiver IEICE Transaction on Communication, Tokyo, 2000.
- Private military companies": modern mercenaries or a possible answer to new security challenges, Seaford House Papers, Royal College of Defense Studies, London, 2004.
Besides his native Serbian he also speaks English and Russian.
Film, history, football
as Chief of the General Staff of Military of Serbia and Montenegro
|Chief of the General Staff of Military of Serbia
12 December 2006 - 30 December 2008
| Succeeded by|