Zachary Nugent Brooke
|Zachary Nugent Brooke|
|Born||1 December 1883|
2 October 1946 62) (aged|
|Institutions||St John's College, Cambridge|
|Alma mater||Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge|
Brooke was educated at Bradfield College in Berkshire and St John's College, Cambridge. In 1908, he was elected to a Drosier Fellowship at Gonville and Caius College, University of Cambridge. He was appointed as the second Professor of Medieval History at Cambridge in 1944. He was appointed as a Fellow of the British Academy in 1940.
Brooke is buried at the Parish of the Ascension Burial Ground, off Huntingdon Road, Cambridge, with his wife Rosa Grace Brooke (1888-1964).
He was the father of Christopher N. L. Brooke, who was also a medieval historian and fellow of Gonville and Caius College.
His published works include:
- The English Church and the Papacy : From the Conquest to the Reign of John (Cambridge University Press; ISBN 0-521-36687-9)
- A History of Europe from 911 to 1198 (History of medieval and modern Europe;vol.2) (Methuen)
- Research papers of Zachary Nugent Brooke from Cambridge University
- Works by or about Zachary Nugent Brooke in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Zachary Nugent Brooke at Find a Grave
Charles William Previté-Orton
|Professor of Medieval History, University of Cambridge
| Succeeded by|