Xinzhuang District in New Taipei City
|Coordinates: 25°02′N 121°27′E / 25.033°N 121.450°ECoordinates: 25°02′N 121°27′E / 25.033°N 121.450°E|
|Special municipality||New Taipei|
|• Total||19.74 km2 (7.62 sq mi)|
|Population (January 2016)|
|• Density||9,678.14/km2 (25,066.3/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC+8)|
Xinzhuang District (Chinese: 新莊區; Hanyu Pinyin: Xīnzhuāng Qū; Tongyong Pinyin: Sinjhuang Cyu) is an inner city district in the western part of New Taipei in northern Taiwan. It has an area of 19.74 km2 (7.62 sq mi) and a population of 413,443 people (2016).
A former name of the area is Pulauan (Chinese: 武溜灣; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Bú-liu-oan). On 15 January 1980, Xinzhuang was upgraded from an urban township to be a county-controlled city of Taipei County. On 25 December 2010, Taipei County was upgraded to New Taipei City, and Xinzhuang City was upgraded to a district.Between the Qing dynasty in Taiwan，Liu Mingchuan has already set the train station at Sinjhung town named 海山口. With the Dadaocheng boating trading, Sinjhung has be called Thousands of boats in the Sinjhuang Port,Thousands of people with lighting in the shop.
Senior High Schools
- National Xinzhuang High School (國立新莊高級中學)
- Heng Yee Catholic High School (天主教恆毅中學)
- New Taipei Municipal DanFeng High School (新北市立丹鳳高中)
- Cihyou Temple
- Losheng Sanatorium
- Siangrenhe Clock and Drum Workshop
- Temple to Erudition Deity
- Temple to the Martial Deity
- Xinzhuang Baseball Stadium
- Xinzhuang Cultural and Arts Center
- MRT Xinzhuang Line
- Jolin Tsai, singer and dancer
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xinzhuang District, New Taipei.|
- "Entry #40111 (武溜灣)". 臺灣閩南語常用詞辭典 [Dictionary of Frequently-Used Taiwan Minnan] (in Chinese and Hokkien). Ministry of Education, R.O.C. 2011.