|Founder||Jacinto Roca, Josep Mitja|
Jacinto Roca (CEO)|
Josep Mitja (COO)
Jordi Miro (CTO)
|Products||Video on demand films and tv movies|
Wuaki.tv is a video-on-demand (VOD) streaming service, offering movies and TV series for subscription (only in Spain), rental and purchase. Wuaki.tv’s catalogue includes content from studios including Warner Bros., Disney, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment; local distributors; and independent labels.
The company is headquartered in Barcelona and currently operates in Spain, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Austria and Ireland and is following an EU roll out plan.
In June 2012 – Rakuten, the world’s third largest e-commerce company, acquired Wuaki.tv.
- Woods, Ben. "Wuaki.Tv Is Now Available to Stream on Chromecast in the UK". The Next Web. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Wuaki.tv streaming service now available on Xbox 360, £2.99 a month for life offer still on - Pocket-lint". www.pocket-lint.com. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Wuaki.tv video service gets Android, iPad app support in UK". Engadget. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Wuaki launches new 4K smart TV app » Digital TV Europe". www.digitaltveurope.net. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Wauters, Robin. "Rakuten Acquires Spanish Video-On-Demand Company Wuaki.tv". The Next Web. Retrieved 2016-04-19.