World Youth Day 2019
World Youth Day 2019 (WYD 2019, es: Jornada Mundial de la Juventud 2019) is an international Catholic event focused on religious faith and youth, due to be celebrated in 2019 in Panama City, Panama. This was announced by Pope Francis at the end of the closing Mass of World Youth Day 2016 in Brzegi nearby Krakow, Poland with the attendance of Panamanian President Juan Carlos Varela and his wife Lorena Castillo. This will be first WYD to take place in Central America. Panamanian bishops welcomed the event, saying that Panama's location as the "bridge between two continents" will make it a multicultural event and a "fiesta latina".
- "Panamá to host WYD 2019". World Youth Day.com. July 31, 2016. Retrieved September 1, 2016.
- "Panama to host next WYD in 2019, Pope announces". Catholic News Agency/EWTN News, Elise Harris. July 31, 2016. Retrieved September 1, 2016.
- "Next World Youth Day to be held in Panama". The Catholic Herald/Associated Press. July 31, 2016. Retrieved September 1, 2016.
- "Panama's bishops see World Youth Day 2019 as 'fiesta Latina'". Crux/Catholic News Service. August 3, 2016. Retrieved September 1, 2016.
- "Vatican does not confirm ANSA's information on next WYD in Panama". Pope 2016.com. June 2, 2016. Retrieved September 13, 2016.