William Finch (diplomat)
He held the posts of Envoy-Extraordinary to Sweden (1720–1724) and to the Netherlands (1724–1728) and 1733–1734). He was Member of Parliament for Cockermouth 1727-54 (except part of 1747), and for Bewdley (1755–1761). He was appointed a Member of the Privy Council and Vice-Chamberlain of the Household in 1742, serving in the latter post until 1765.
Marriage and Family
- Lady Anne Douglas sister of Charles Douglas, 3rd Duke of Queensberry, by whom he had no issue.
- Charlotte Fermor, daughter of Thomas Fermor, 1st Earl of Pomfret on 9 August 1746. They were parents of:
- Sophia Finch
- George Finch, 9th Earl of Winchilsea.
- Burkes Peerage (1939 edition), s.v. Winchelsea.
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages
- thepeerage.com -- but with wrong birth date.