Willersey Halt railway station
Badsey Lane bridge near station site in February 2010.
|Coordinates||52°03′28″N 1°51′07″W / 52.0578°N 1.8519°WCoordinates: 52°03′28″N 1°51′07″W / 52.0578°N 1.8519°W|
|Original company||Great Western Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Great Western Railway|
|Post-grouping||Great Western Railway|
|1 August 1904||Station opened|
|7 March 1960||Station closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Willersey Halt railway station served the village of Willersey, Gloucestershire, England between 1904 and 1960.
The halt was opened by the Great Western Railway on 1 August 1904. Situated only ½-mile from the village of Willersey, the station was to the south-west of the road bridge, and there were two 100-foot (30 m) wooden platforms, each with a corrugated iron "pagoda" shelter. As with Gretton Halt and Laverton Halt, no sidings or facilities were provided. The halt came under the responsibility of the stationmaster at Broadway. The initial service consisted of 9 Down and 8 Up railmotor services a day. In November 1906, authorisation was given for the extension of the platforms to 152 feet (46 m) at a cost of £30.
It was closed by British Railways on 7 March 1960.
- Baker, Audie (1994). The Stratford on Avon to Cheltenham Railway. Grasscroft, Oldham: Irwell Press. ISBN 978-1-871608-62-5.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Clinker, C.R. (1988) . Clinker's Register of Closed Passenger Stations and Goods Depots in England, Scotland and Wales 1830–1980 (2nd ed.). Bristol: Avon-Anglia Publications & Services. ISBN 0-905466-91-8. OCLC 655703233.
- Maggs, Colin G.; Nicholson, Peter (1985). The Honeybourne Line: The continuing story of the Cheltenham to Honeybourne and Stratford upon Avon Railway. Cheltenham: Line One Publishing. ISBN 978-0-907036-12-8.
- Mitchell, Victor E.; Smith, Keith (August 2005) . Stratford upon Avon to Cheltenham. Country Railway Routes. Midhurst: Middleton Press. ISBN 1-901706-25-7.
- Quick, Michael (2009) . Railway passenger stations in Great Britain: a chronology (4th ed.). Oxford: Railway and Canal Historical Society. ISBN 978-0-901461-57-5. OCLC 612226077.
- Siviter, Roger (2003) . The Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway. Kettering, Northants: Past & Present Publishing. ISBN 1-85895-208-5.
- Yorke, Stan (2009). Lost Railways of Gloucestershire. Newbury, Berkshire: Countryside Books. ISBN 978-1-84674-163-0.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
Line and station closed
| Great Western Railway
Line and station closed