Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
|Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges|
|Awarded for||Academic, Leadership and Service Achievement for College/University Students|
|Presented by||Randall-Reilly Publishing|
Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, also known as Who’s Who Among Students, is a national college student recognition program in the United States of America. It has been compiling its list since 1934. Participants include 2,842 tertiary institutions across 50 states and the District of Columbia. It produces an annual "Who's Who in" list which is an academic publication that compiles a list of outstanding students in the United States. Students are honored based on outstanding campus leadership, scholastic ability (includes a GPA requirement), leadership on and off campus, and community service. The program was designed to ensure academic recognition regardless of a student's financial ability to participate.
The organization does not solicit individuals for inclusion on the list. Institutions are allocated a number of nominee slots. Criteria for membership include grade point average, participation and leadership within school organizations and extracurricular activities, community involvement, and future leadership ability and/or potential. Colleges may also have other requirements that are taken into consideration. Faculty, administration and student body committees in each institution nominate a select number of undergraduate and graduate students for this honor annually. Names of nominated students are often published in the newspapers of the students' hometowns. There are no financial obligations in terms of initiation cost, service charge or membership fee to the nominated student.
Who's Who Among Students in American Universities is an independent publication founded by H. Pettus Randall II founder of Randall Riley Publishing. It is not affiliated with the bankrupt Who's Who Among American High School Students that went out of business in 2007, Who’s Who Registry of Academic Excellence: Middle School Edition, National Dean's List, or Marquis Who's Who from other publishers.
- "Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges". uca.edu.
- "Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges". txstate.edu.
- "Whos [sic] Who Among Students". Whos Who Among Students.
- UMSL College of Arts & Sciences - Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- UB: The Graduate School: Who's Who Among Students
- "Whos Who Among Students - About". Whos Who Among Students.
- Suffolk University - Who's Who
- "Who's Who Among Students - CWRU". case.edu.
- "Randall-Reilly Publishing Company, LLC: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Businessweek.com.