Weymouth College (public school)
Weymouth College was a public school in Weymouth, Dorset, England, from 1863 to 1940. It closed during the Second World War because of the risks from its proximity to naval bases at Weymouth and Portsmouth, and the boys and some staff moved to Wellingborough School in Northamptonshire. A new house was formed at Wellingborough to accommodate the 33 pupils who moved, and Weymouth House still exists; since 1989 it has been the girls' house of the school.
The building was designed by George Rackstraw Crickmay in 1864. Pevsner described the building as "The High Victorian style in a very debased form", and the chapel, 1894-96 as "really no better". In 1972 the building was in use as a College of Education. It is now a residential conversion. Some of the chapel furnishings are in St Aldhelm's Church, Spa Road, Weymouth
- Louis Leakey, archaeologist and naturalist
- Nigel Malim, Royal Navy admiral
- C. F. D. Moule, theologian
- George Stainforth, flying speed record breaker
- Henry Sturmey, co-inventor of Sturmey-Archer bicycle hub
- Francis Warman, Archdeacon of Aston 1965-77
- John Phillips, Bishop of Portsmouth 1960-75
- Hugh Gough, Archbishop of Sydney 1959-64
- J. Meade Falkner, author of Moonfleet
- C. F. G. Masterman,Liberal party politician and Cabinet Minister
- "Old Weymouthians". The parish of Radipole and Melcombe Regis. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Weymouth Profile". Wellingborough School. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Patons list of schools and tutors. 1929. p. 497.
- Newman, John; Pevsner, Nikolaus (1972). Dorset. Pevsner architectural guides: The buildings of England. Yale UP. p. 452. ISBN 9780300095982. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- Rear Admiral Nigel Malim CB LVO DL at marketrasenmail.co.uk, accessed 3 July 2013