1314 (aged 48–49)|
Lisbon, Kingdom of Portugal
|Burial||Dominican monastery, Lisbon, Portugal|
|Spouse||Afonso of Portugal, Lord of Portalegre|
Afonso of Portugal, Lord of Leiria|
Maria, Lady of Meneses and Orduña
Isabel, Lady of Penela
Constança, Lady of Portalegre
Beatriz, Lady of Lemos
|Father||Manuel of Castile|
|Mother||Constance of Aragon|
Violante Manuel of Castile (c. 1265 – Lisbon, 1314) was a Castilian noble, daughter of Manuel of Castile and his first wife Constance of Aragon. She was Lady of Elche, Elda, Novelda, Medellín and half of Peñafiel in her own right.
Tomb of Violante Manuel
At her death, the body of Violante Manuel was buried in the Convent of Santo Domingo, but was destroyed because of 1755 Lisbon earthquake.
With her husband Afonso of Portugal, Lord of Portalegre, she had five children:
- Afonso of Portugal, Lord of Leiria
- Maria of Portugal, Lady of Meneses and Orduña
- Isabel of Portugal, Lady of Penela, married Juan de Castilla y Haro, with issue.
- Constança pf Portugal, Lady of Portalegre, married Nuño González de Lara, without issue.
- Beatriz of Portugal, Lady of Lemos, married, as his first wife, Pedro Fernández de Castro, without issue.
|Ancestors of Violante Manuel|