The Villetta Rose is a late maturing red potato variety. It was developed at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is under plant variety protection. It originated from a cross between Dark Red Norland and Nordonna varieties. Villetta Rose has a medium to long dormancy, stores well and maintains its red color in storage. It is grown for fresh sale and processing.
- The Villetta Rose plant has medium vigorous vines with a semi-erect growth habit.
- It has dark green leaves and red-purple flowers.
- Tubers are a medium size and have a uniform spherical shape with shallow eyes.
- Villetta Rose is resistant to bruising.
- It is moderately resistant to PVY, early blight, pink rot and soft rot.
- It is susceptible to common scab and medium-small tubers may develop skin netting.