Viktor Panin on the 25-anniversary of the institute he created (a picnic on the holiday village)
|Institutions||National Research Tomsk State University, Institute of Strength Physics and Materials Science SB RAS|
|Alma mater||National Research Tomsk State University|
|Doctoral students||Sergey Psakhie|
Viktor Panin (born 1930) is a Russian physicist. PhD (Doctor of science) in physics and mathematics, Professor, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, advisor of the Russian Academy of Sciences, expert in the fields of solid mechanics, plastic deformation and physical materials.
- 1979 — Head of Solid State Physics and Materials Science at the Institute of Atmospheric Optics, USSR Academy of Sciences
- From 1984 to 2002 — founder and director of Institute of Strength Physics and Materials Science SB RAS
- From 2002 to present — Adviser Academy of Sciences of Institute of Strength Physics and Materials Science SB RAS
Under the guidance of academician Victor Panin he established and developed physical mesomechanics of materials. It uniting physical materials with solid mechanics at macrolevel and with physics of plastic deformation at microlevel. Within this framework, developed new methods of computer design materials and technologies of their production. Deep mesomechanics ideas can be successful use in the new approach to earthquake prediction where the seismic source mesostructure appears to be an intermediate term precursor.
- Physical mesomechanics and computer engineering design of materials (rus)
- Goldin S. V. Macro- and mesostructures in the earthquake source area // Физическая мезомеханика. 2005. Т. 8. № 1. сс. 5-14 (rus) "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 14, 2015. Retrieved February 28, 2015.