Vercelli railway station
The passenger building.
13100 Vercelli VC
Vercelli, Vercelli, Piedmont
|Coordinates||45°19′47″N 08°24′59″E / 45.32972°N 8.41639°ECoordinates: 45°19′47″N 08°24′59″E / 45.32972°N 8.41639°E|
Rete Ferroviaria Italiana|
77.054 km (47.879 mi)
from Torino Porta Nuova
|Opened||20 October 1856|
Location within Northern Italy
Vercelli railway station (Italian: Stazione di Vercelli) is the main station serving the city and comune of Vercelli, in the Piedmont region, northwestern Italy. Opened in 1856, it forms part of the Turin–Milan railway, and is also a junction station for two other lines, to Valenza and Pavia, respectively.
The station is currently managed by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI). However, the commercial area of the passenger building is managed by Centostazioni. Train services are operated by Trenitalia. Each of these companies is a subsidiary of Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), Italy's state-owned rail company.
Vercelli railway station is situated at Piazza Roma, at the northwestern edge of the city centre.
The passenger building is made up of three components: the central part has two levels and a large lobby consisting of five arches. The single storey lateral wings spread symmetrically from the central part, and are smaller. The building is made of brick. It is painted grey at ground floor level, and a rose colour above that level.
The station is served by the following services:
- High speed services (Frecciabianca) Turin - Milan - Brescia - Verona - Vicenza - Padua - Venice - Trieste
- Night train (Intercity Notte) Turin - Milan - Parma - Rome - Naples - Salerno
- Night train (Intercity Notte) Turin - Milan - Parma - Reggio Emilia - Florence - Rome - Salerno - Lamezia Terme - Reggio di Calabria
- Express services (Regionale Veloce) Turin - Chivasso – Vercelli – Novara – Milan
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Chivasso - Vercelli - Novara
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Vercelli - Mortara - Pavia
|Preceding station||Trenitalia||Following station|
toward Trieste Centrale
toward Reggio di Calabria Centrale
toward Milano Centrale
San Germano Vercellese
Train services to Casale Monferrato finished on 14 June 2013.
Passenger and train movements
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Piedmont
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- Alessandro Tuzza; et al. "Prospetto cronologico dei tratti di ferrovia aperti all'esercizio dal 1839 al 31 dicembre 1926" [Chronological overview of the features of the railways opened between 1839 and 31 December 1926]. Trenidicarta.it (in Italian). Alessandro Tuzza. Retrieved 16 December 2010. External link in
- "Flussi Annui nelle 103 Stazioni" [Annual flows at the 103 stations]. Centostazioni website (in Italian). Centostazioni. Archived from the original on February 9, 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
Media related to Vercelli railway station at Wikimedia Commons
This article is based upon a translation of the Italian language version as at December 2010.