Vange is a former minute village now subsumed within the urban area of the Basildon Borough of Essex. As it is much smaller than Basildon, Laindon and Pitsea, it does not have its own town centre or railway station. The London Road (B1464) is the main road through Vange and used to be part of the A13 until it was bypassed in the 1970s. The population of the Vange ward within the Basildon Borough taken at the 2011 Census was 10,048.
Vange Hill Open Space is 30 acres (120,000 m2) of former plotlands lying next to Basildon golf course.
Vange Marshes is a wetland habitat.
The earliest parts of All Saints Church date from the late 12th century, with alterations from subsequent centuries. The last were in 1837. It is built of stone, flint and other masonry, with bands of brickwork alternating with tufa and rubble walling. A bellcote that was refashioned in 1816 tops it off.
- The Old Barge Inn
- The Five Bells