Location of Valtimo in Finland
|Coordinates: 63°40.8′N 028°49′E / 63.6800°N 28.817°ECoordinates: 63°40.8′N 028°49′E / 63.6800°N 28.817°E|
|• Municipal manager||Leena Mustonen|
|• Total||838.10 km2 (323.59 sq mi)|
|• Land||800.35 km2 (309.02 sq mi)|
|• Water||37.75 km2 (14.58 sq mi)|
|Area rank||140th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||270th largest in Finland|
|• Density||2.89/km2 (7.5/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.5% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||12%|
|• 15 to 64||62.1%|
|• 65 or older||26%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||18.25%|
It is located in the province of Eastern Finland and is part of the North Karelia region. The municipality has a population of 2,310 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 838.10 square kilometres (323.59 sq mi) of which 37.75 km2 (14.58 sq mi) is water. The population density is 2.89 inhabitants per square kilometre (7.5/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Places in Valtimo
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Valtimo at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Valtimo – Official website (Finnish)