|Village and beach|
Playa de Valdevaqueros
Location in the Province of Cádiz
|Coordinates: 36°04′02″N 5°40′41″W / 36.06722°N 5.67806°W|
|Comarca||Campo de Gibraltar|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Valdevaqueros is a village and beach in the municipality of Tarifa in the Province of Cadiz in southern Spain. It is located 9.7 kilometres (6.0 mi) by road to the northwest of Tarifa. Casa de Porros is a hamlet in the northwestern part. the beach measures about 4,050 metres (13,290 ft) by about 120 metres (390 ft) on average. Valdevaqueros has the Spin Out Kite surfing centre, established in 1988, and beachhouse and several hotels and a camping site and is a busy beach during the summer months, and borders the Playa de Los Lances. Behind a large dune created to protect the Punta Paloma coastal battery (currently dismantled). Arroyo Valdevaqueros, on the eastern entrance point has several houses and a coast-guard station. In the western part of the beach is the mouth of the river valley that forms a broad estuary that runs along the beach a few metres from the sea until reaching several hundred metres east.
- Playa de Valdevaqueros during busy summer season
- View of Valdevaqueros from inland
- Google (19 February 2013). "Valdevaqueros" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Spin Out". Tarifa Spin Out. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- Head, Jeremy (31 January 2011). Frommer's Seville, Granada and the Best of Andalusia. John Wiley & Sons. p. 1. ISBN 978-1-119-99445-9. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- United States. Hydrographic Office (1930). Publications. p. 65. Retrieved 19 February 2013.