Location in Latvia
|Coordinates: 57°22′N 22°35′E / 57.367°N 22.583°ECoordinates: 57°22′N 22°35′E / 57.367°N 22.583°E|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Calling code||+371 632|
Valdemārpils ( pronunciation ; German: Saßmacken) (called Sasmaka until 1926) is a town in northwestern Latvia, near Talsi. The town is named after Krišjānis Valdemārs, born in nearby Valdgale parish (then part of Ārlava parish), who was one of the leaders of the First Latvian National Awakening. He is celebrated in the town with a memorial stone. Famous Jewish bibliographer and book collector, Ephraim Deinard(1846-1930) was born here in 1846.
- Lutheran church in Valdemārpils
- Monument to Krišjānis Valdemārs
- Pentecostal church in Valdemārpils
- LIIS: Young Latvians, 2010-12-31.
- Media related to Valdemārpils at Wikimedia Commons