Utti Jaeger Regiment
Colours of the Utti Jaeger Regiment
1 July 1943 –30 November 1944: Erillinen Pataljoona 4 (Separate Battalion 4)|
1 February 1962–1 January 1997: Laskuvarjojääkärikoulu (Parachute Jaeger School)
1 January 1997 – : Utin Jääkärirykmentti
|Size||300 career personnel, 200 conscripts|
|Part of||Directly under Finnish Army Headquarters|
|Equipment||Rk 95 Tp, MP5, Sako TRG 42|
|Cross of merit of the unit|
|Trainer||Hughes MD-500 (6)|
|Transport||NHI NH90 (20)|
|Para Jäger Company|
Training: Early 1960s - present
|Type||Special Operations Airborne Infantry|
Wartime size unknown|
Approximately 100 soldiers trained each year
|Part of||Special Jäger Battalion|
|Garrison/HQ||Utti Jaeger Regiment, Utti, Finland|
|Headdress||Maroon beret with Para Jäger pin|
Para Jäger branch patch|
Para Jäger chest pin
The Utti Jaeger Regiment (Finnish: Utin Jääkärirykmentti, UtJR) is the Finnish Army training and development centre for special forces and helicopter operations. It consists of about 500 personnel of which about 200 are conscripts.
- Helicopter Battalion (NH90, Hughes MD500), responsible for all helicopter operations of the FDF
- Airborne Jaeger Battalion
- Special Jaeger Battalion
- Support Company
The Special Jaeger Battalion trains special forces for the Finnish Army. Conscripts are trained in long range recon, Sissi, MOUT and Air Assault operations. The Battalion includes an Airborne Jaeger Company for the training of conscripts, a Special Jaeger Company consisting of enlisted personnel who have a reserve officer or NCO training, and formerly also a Military Police School, responsible for the training of career military police personnel of the Finnish Defence Forces.
- UTIN JÄÄKÄRIRYKMENTIN PERINTEET. Finnish Defence Forces. (Finnish) Retrieved 2009-4-29
- Utin perinnetilat/LJK ja UtJR. Kymenlaakson ilmakilta. (Finnish). Retrieved 2009-4-29.
- Utin perinnetilat/ErP4. Kymenlaakson ilmakilta. (Finnish) Retrieved 2009-4-29.
- http://www.mil.fi/maavoimat/joukot/utjr/englishsummary.dsp UtJR English Summary