Uruguay Island is an island 1 km (0.62 mi) long with a cove indenting its west side, lying between Irizar Island and Corner Island in the Argentine Islands of the Wilhelm Archipelago of Antarctica. It was discovered by the French Antarctic Expedition of 1903–05, under J.B. Charcot who named it after the Argentine corvette ARA Uruguay. The island was recharted in 1935 by the British Graham Land Expedition (BGLE) under John Rymill.
Important Bird Area
- "Uruguay Island". BirdLife data zone: Important Bird Areas. BirdLife International. 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-22.