Untamed (1940 film)
- for others with the same name, see Untamed (disambiguation)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||George Archainbaud|
|Based on||Sinclair Lewis novel Mantrap|
|Edited by||Stuart Gilmore|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Ray Milland plays a doctor on a hunting trip to the Canadian wilderness. He gets badly mauled by a bear, and his life is saved by his guide, Joe Easter (Tamiroff). Easter takes the doctor to his cabin where he is nursed to recovery by Easter's young beautiful wife Alverna. They fall in love. Easter leaves for an extended hunting trip, while the doctor and Alverna grapple with their feelings for each other, a blizzard, and an epidemic.
- Ray Milland as Dr. William Crawford
- Patricia Morison as Alverna Easter
- Akim Tamiroff as Joe Easter
- William Frawley as Les Woodbury
- Jane Darwell as Mrs. Maggie Moriarty
- J. Farrell MacDonald as Doctor Billar
- Eily Malyon as Mrs. Sarah McGavity
- J.M. Kerrigan as Angus McGavity
- Clem Bevans as 'Smokey' Moseby, the Blind Man
- Esther Dale as Mrs. Smith
- Bahe Denetdeel as 'Snookums'
- Charlene Wyatt as Milly Dee
- Gertrude W. Hoffman as Miss Rhine
- Sibyl Harris as Mrs. Dillon
- Fay Helm as Miss Olcott
- unbilled players include Iron Eyes Cody.