University of Upper Alsace
Today, UHA is a university of 8000 students with about a hundred courses. The founding of UHA was driven by social and business players, among them founding president Jean-Baptiste Donnet, and the university has always had close links with its environment. In order to ensure the success of students in the employment market, it is pursuing a development policy by offering complete teaching programmes (including 2, 3, 5 or 8 years of university studies) that are adapted to the needs of new markets. The active support of industry and surrounding business players has also enabled the university to optimize its offering in the field of continuing education, with a choice of 200 courses (with validation of job experience).
The special geographical situation of UHA, which lies close to the Swiss and German borders, is favourable to the emergence of single courses leading to double or treble degrees that are recognized in the neighbouring countries.
Research and Teaching at UHA concentrates on economics, management, technology and physics.
- FLSH - Faculte des Lettres, Langues et Sciences Humaines
- FSESJ - Faculte des Sciences Economiques, Sociales et Juridiques
- FST - Faculte des Sciences et Techniques
- PEPS - Pluridisciplinaire d'Enseignement Professionnalisé Supérieur
two institutes of technology
- IUT DE COLMAR - Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Colmar
- IUT DE MULHOUSE - Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Mulhouse
and two schools of engineering
- ENSCMu - Ecole Nationale Superieure de Chimie de Mulhouse
- ENSISA - Ecole Nationale Superieure d'Ingénieurs Sud Alsace (Fusion in 2006 between ENSITM and ESSAIM)