Universidad Técnica de Cajamarca
|Full name||Club Cultural y Deportivo Universidad Técnica de Cajamarca|
El Gavilán Norteño|
(The Northern Hawk)
|Founded||July 14, 1964|
Estadio Héroes de San Ramón|
|Chairman||Jorge Alberto Villatty Rojas|
|2015||Torneo Descentralizado, 15th|
Universidad Técnica de Cajamarca (usually referred to as UTC) is the biggest Peruvian football club in the city of Cajamarca, Peru. It was founded in 1964 and play in the Torneo Descentralizado which is the top flight of the Peruvian league.
UTC was officially founded on 14 July 1964 by Oswaldo Silva Marín and Wílder Tejada Arribasplata, clerks at Universidad Técnica de Cajamarca, known today as Universidad Nacional de Cajamarca (National University of Cajamarca), with the aim of giving the university a place in the local soccer league. Prior to that date, the club had been playing for three months in the local league alongside Club Juventud Victoria as one team, before the official foundation date.
UTC won the 2012 Copa Perú under manager Rafael Castillo after defeating Alfonso Ugarte in the final. The club won 2–0 at home in Cajamarca and lost 3–2 in Puno, but won due to a better goal difference. With the win, they qualified for the 2013 Torneo Descentralizado, the top flight of Peruvian football; they finished sixth and classified for the second international tournament in their history, the 2014 Copa Sudamericana.
- Runner-up (1): 1985
- Copa Perú: 2
- Región II: 4
- Winners (9): 1980, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2011
- Runner-up (2): 2004, 2005
- Winners (1): 2011
- Winners (1): 1980
- Winners (11): 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980
Performance in CONMEBOL competitions
A = appearances, P = matches played, W = won, D = drawn, L = lost, GF = goals for, GA = goals against.
|1986||Copa Libertadores||Group Stage||Universitario||1–3||0–2|
|2014||Copa Sudamericana||First Stage||Deportivo Cali||0–0||0–3|
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- César "Chalaca" González (May 5, 2011–1?)
- Rafael Castillo (Jan 10, 2012–14)
- Carlos Galván (2014)
- José Eugenio Hernández (2014–15)
- Javier Arce (2015)
- Rafael Castillo (2015–)
- "El Club". UTC - Universidad Técnica de Cajamarca. Archive.org. Archived from the original on 2015-02-05. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- "Universidad Nacional de Cajamarca - Reseña Histórica". Universidad Nacional de Cajamarca (in Spanish). Retrieved 2016-09-29.