Un gallo con muchos huevos
|Un gallo con muchos huevos|
Theatrical release poster
Gabriel Riva Palacio Alatriste|
Rodolfo Riva Palacio Alatriste
Gabriel Riva Palacio Alatriste
Rodolfo Riva Palacio Alatriste
|Box office||$25.6 million|
Un gallo con muchos huevos (Spanish: A Rooster with Many Eggs), released in the United States as Huevos: Little Rooster's Egg-cellent Adventure, is a 3D Mexican computer animated film produced by Huevocartoon Producciones. The third film in the successful Huevos film franchise, as well being its first CG film, it is written, produced, and directed by Gabriel Riva Palacio Alatriste and Rodolfo Riva Palacio Alatriste. The film was released on 20 August 2015 in Mexico in 2D and 3D theaters.
Pantelion Films released this film in the United States on 4 September 2015.
Learning his home is in bankruptcy and being sold, a timid young rooster named Toto (Bruno Bichir) summons the courage to fight a rooster boxing champion Bankivoide (Sergio Sendel) en el Palenque to save his home.
- Bruno Bichir as Toto
- Maite Perroni as Di
- Omar Chaparro as Patín Patán
- Ninel Conde as Chiquis
- Carlos Espejel as Willy
- Sergio Sendel as Bankivoide
- Angelica Vale as Bibi
- Zachary Gordon as Rolo (Toto)
- Amber Montana as Dee (Di)
- Jon Heder as Mickey Mallard (Patín Patán)
- Alyson Stoner as Sweet Pea (Chiquis)
The film was released in theaters in the United States on 4 September 2015 by Pantelion Films in 395 theaters across the country. It expanded to 616 theaters the following week, making it the first time a Mexican animated feature had received a wide release in the United States. "We're very pleased about the quality we achieved," Gabriel Riva said in an interview. He also stated that being able to debut the movie in Hollywood "is a dream come true".
In Mexico, the film spent three weeks at the number one position. In its first week it earning around $56,904,145 pesos (USD $3,380,642) from 2,462 screens. It dropped by -40% in its second week to end the weekend with $1,712,867, and by 30 percent to end the weekend with $1,198,137. It's cumulative total after three weeks is $7,613,968.
In the United States, the film opened at #9 earning around $3.4 million. In its second weekend it increased to 616 screens, seeing a decline of 41 percent to $2,024,134. Its cumulative total after two weeks was $6,791,486.
Un gallo con muchos huevos has received positive reviews from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a rating of 67%, based on 15 reviews, with an average rating of 5.8/10. According to CinemaScore, audiences gave the film a rare grade of "A+" on an A+ to F scale.
- ‘Un Gallo Con Muchos Huevos’ (‘Little Rooster’s Egg-Cellent Adventure’) Soundtrack Released
- Marie de la Fuente, Anna (5 May 2015). "Pantelion Films Sets English-language Thriller 'Tapes' for July Release". Variety (magazine). Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Mexico's Riva brothers bringing their 'Huevos' to U.S. in animated feature". Fox News Latino. 21st Century Fox. 15 July 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Un Gallo con Muchos Huevos (2015)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved June 16, 2016.
- Un Gallo Con Muchos Huevos- Trailer Oficial
- "Canacine / Taquilla del 21 al 23 de agosto del 2015". Canacine. Canacine. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- 4-7 September 2015 - Box Office Mojo
- Amid Amidi, Amid (5 September 2015). "Mexico's 'Un Gallo con Muchos Huevos' Surprises with a Top 10 U.S. Bow". Cartoon Brew. Cartoon Brew. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Un gallo con muchos huevos". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- Official website
- Un gallo con muchos huevos at the Internet Movie Database
- Un gallo con muchos huevos at Box Office Mojo
- Un gallo con muchos huevos at Rotten Tomatoes