UTRGV Baseball Stadium
|Former names||Edinburg Stadium|
920 North Sugar Road|
|Coordinates||26°18′44″N 98°10′33″W / 26.31222°N 98.17583°W|
|Owner||University of Texas Rio Grande Valley|
|Operator||University of Texas Rio Grande Valley|
|Executive suites||10 (20 seats each)|
Left field – 335 ft|
Center field – 410 ft
Right field – 335 ft
|Construction cost||$5.3 million|
|Architect||Cotera, Kolar, Negrete & Reed|
Edinburg Roadrunners (2001–2013)|
Texas–Pan American Broncs/UTRGV Vaqueros (NCAA) (2001-Present)
UTRGV Baseball Stadium, originally Edinburg Stadium, is a stadium in Edinburg, Texas. It is primarily used for baseball and is the home of the UTRGV Vaqueros of college baseball. It was also the home to the Edinburg Roadrunners of the Texas–Louisiana League/Central Baseball League/United League Baseball. The Roadrunners disbanded before the 2014 season. The stadium, which opened in 2001, holds 4,000 people, expandable to 14,000-16,000 for concerts and other special events. It includes a 17.8' x 13.6' diamondvision scoreboard and luxury boxes.
In 2015, the stadium received major upgrades due to the school officially becoming the owner. New rails and padding for the dugouts were added. The "double wall" fence was cut down to make the park more hitter-friendly. Currently, the stadium is getting repainted, locker rooms receiving new graphics and carpet, and a brand-new scoreboard donated by Coca-Cola will be placed just before the home opener.
The stadium, formerly owned by the City of Edinburg in years prior to 2014, was donated to the University of Texas System. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley operates the stadium. It was renamed in 2016.
- "Edinburg Baseball Stadium". University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
Capacity: 4,000 (expandable to 16,000 for concerts and other special events)
- "Edinburg Baseball Stadium". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "Flown the coop: Harlingen's WhiteWings cease operations". Valley Star. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
The Cats’ fate was nearly identical to that of the Edinburg Roadrunners, who also lost their lease and were forced to cease operations after the 2013 season.
- "UTRGV Club - UTPA Takes Ownership of Edinburg Baseball Stadium". Utrgvnation.com. 2014-10-08. Retrieved 2016-09-10.
- "UTPA Takes Ownership of Edinburg Baseball Stadium". Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "The Official Athletics Website of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley - UTRGV Baseball Stadium". Goutrgv.com. Retrieved 2016-09-10.
|Events and tenants|
|Host of the ULB All-Star Game
| Succeeded by|
Potter County Memorial Stadium