|Builder:||Campbell Machine Company, San Diego, California|
|Fate:||Foundered, 5 September 1943|
|Length:||125 ft (38 m)|
The ship was built by the Campbell Machine Company of San Diego as a 125-foot (38 m) 230 GRT tuna seiner. Delivered in August 1929, she operated under the name Navigator until requisitioned by the United States Navy in 1942, and commissioned as the yard patrol craft USS YP-279.
- Colton, Tim (2011). "Campbell Industries, San Diego CA". shipbuildinghistory.com. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- Colton, Tim (2011). "Patrol and Training Craft (YP)". shipbuildinghistory.com. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "U.S. Navy and Coast Guard Vessels, Sunk or Damaged Beyond Repair during World War II, 7 December 1941-1 October 1945". Naval History & Heritage Command. 2004. Retrieved 17 January 2013.