U. S. R. Murty
U. S. R. Murty received his Ph.D. in 1967 from the Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, with a thesis on extremal graph theory; his advisor was C. R. Rao. Murty is well known for his work in matroid theory and graph theory, and mainly for being a co-author with J. A. Bondy of a textbook on graph theory. Murty has served as a managing editor and co-editor-in-chief of the Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B.
- John Adrian Bondy and U. S. R. Murty (1976), Graph Theory with Applications. North-Holland. Book's page at the University of Paris VI.
- John Adrian Bondy and U. A. R. Murty (1979), "Graph Theory and Related Topics." Academic Press Inc. ISBN 978-0121143503.
- U. S. R. Murty (1971) How Many Magic Configurations are There? The American Mathematical Monthly.
- U. S. R. Murty (1971) Equicardinal matroids. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B
- U. S. R. Murty (1970) Matroids with Sylvester property. Aequationes Mathematicae.
- Murty, U. S. R. (1968), "On some extremal graphs", Acta Mathematica Academiae Scientiarum Hungaricae, 19: 69–74, doi:10.1007/BF01894681, MR 0224509
- de Carvalho, Marcelo H.; Lucchesi, Cláudio L.; Murty, U. S. R. (2002), "On a conjecture of Lovász concerning bricks. II. Bricks of finite characteristic", Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B, 85 (1): 137–180, doi:10.1006/jctb.2001.2092, MR 1900684.
- Uppaluri Siva Ramachandra Murty's entry in the Brazilian Directory of Research Groups at the Brazilian Scientific and Technological Development Council (CNPq). Accessed on 2010-01-01.
- Donald Knuth list of South Asian names of computer scientists. Accessed on 2010-01-01.
- Cross Appointed and Adjunct Faculty Members of the Department of Combinatorics and Optimization, University of Waterloo
- Murty, U. S. R. entry at MathSciNet
- "News and Notices", The Annals of Mathematical Statistics, 40 (2): 728–740, 1969, doi:10.1214/aoms/1177697752, JSTOR 2239503.
- U. S. R. Murty at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Cunningham et al. (2004).