United States Post Office (Williamsport, Pennsylvania)
Williamsport City Hall
(formerly U.S. Post Office)
(prior to 1921)
245 West 4th Street|
between Government Place and West Street
|Coordinates||41°14′24″N 77°0′23″W / 41.24000°N 77.00639°WCoordinates: 41°14′24″N 77°0′23″W / 41.24000°N 77.00639°W|
|NRHP Reference #||72001135|
|Added to NRHP||March 16, 1972|
The United States Post Office, now the Williamsport City Hall, is a historic building located at 245 West 4th Street between Government Place and West Street in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. It was built between 1888 and 1891, and is a 2 1/2 to 3-story building, with a two-story addition and six-story tower. The exterior is faced with rough-faced gray limestone ashlar. It was designed by the Office of the Supervising Architect under the direction of William A. Freret.
The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972 as a post office.
- Pennsylvania portal
- Old City Hall (Williamsport, Pennsylvania)
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Historic Landmarks & National Register of Historic Places in Pennsylvania" (Searchable database). CRGIS: Cultural Resources Geographic Information System. Note: This includes Diana Steck Waite (September 1971). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: U.S. Post Office" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Media related to United States Post Office (Williamsport, Pennsylvania) at Wikimedia Commons