|Coordinates: 37°30′N 23°22′E / 37.500°N 23.367°ECoordinates: 37°30′N 23°22′E / 37.500°N 23.367°E|
|• Mayor||Ioannis Sabanis (Ind.)|
|• Municipality||240.86 km2 (93.00 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||30/km2 (77/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
The municipality was formed at the 2011 local government reform by the merger of the two former municipalities Methana and Troizina, that became municipal units. Initially named Troizinia, in January 2014 the municipality was renamed Troizinia-Methana. The municipality has an area of 240.858 km2.
The province of Troizinia (Greek: Επαρχία Τροιζηνίας) was one of the provinces of the Piraeus Prefecture. Its territory corresponded with that of the current municipalities Troizinia and Poros. It was abolished in 2006.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- Προεδρικό διάταγμα 14/2014 [Presidential Decree 14/2014] (PDF). Government Gazette (in Greek). 29 January 2014. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- "Detailed census results 1991" (PDF). (39 MB) (Greek) (French)