Treviglio railway station
Treviglio railway station
Piazza Giuseppe Verdi|
|Coordinates||45°30′55″N 09°35′19″E / 45.51528°N 9.58861°ECoordinates: 45°30′55″N 09°35′19″E / 45.51528°N 9.58861°E|
|Owned by||Rete Ferroviaria Italiana|
33.143 km (20.594 mi)|
from Milano Centrale
|Opened||5 March 1878|
Location within Northern Italy
Treviglio railway station (Italian: Stazione di Treviglio), also known as Treviglio centrale railway station (Italian: Stazione centrale di Treviglio) is the main station serving the town and comune of Treviglio, in the region of Lombardy, northern Italy. Opened in 1878, it has a higher average number of passengers per day than Treviglio's other railway station, Treviglio Ovest.
The station lies on the Milan–Venice railway, Treviglio–Bergamo railway and Treviglio–Cremona railway and is terminus of two suburban railways passing through Milan toward Novara (S6) and Varese (S5).
Treviglio railway station is situated at Piazzale Giuseppe Verdi, at the southern edge of the town centre.
The station offers a surveilled parking for bikes, a ticket office, a newsstand, a bar and a near small car parking.
On the Piazzale Giuseppe Verdi there are bus and taxi parkings, on the opposite side lie a bar and the Treviglio Hotel.
The station was opened on 5 March 1878, upon the inauguration of the direct Treviglio–Rovato section of the Milan–Venice railway, being the second in the newborn Kingdom of Italy.
In 1885, the station became part of the Rete Adriatica, under the management of the Società per le Strade Ferrate Meridionali (English: Company for the Southern Railways, SFM). After the nationalisation of Italy's railways in 1905, it was operated by the FS.
In 2014 the station has been modernized, with the reconstruction of the square before the facade to facilitate traffic and the introduction of elevators for disabled and cameras for security.
Since 2016 a police unit has been placed in the station, considering the increasing of aggressions and thieft on public transports on national scale.
Passenger and train movements
The station is served by the following service(s):
- Express services (Treno regionale) Milan - Treviglio - Brescia - Verona
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Sesto San Giovanni - Milan - Treviglio - Brescia
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Bergamo - Treviglio
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Treviglio - Crema - Cremona
- Milan Metropolitan services (S5) Varese - Rho - Milan - Treviglio
- Milan Metropolitan services (S6) Novara - Rho - Milan - Treviglio
|Preceding station||Trenord||Following station|
toward Milano Centrale
toward Verona Porta Nuova
toward Sesto San Giovanni
|Preceding station||Milan suburban railway service||Following station|
There is interchange at the station with suburban buses.
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Lombardy
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- List of Italian stations and categories
- Alessandro Tuzza; et al. "Prospetto cronologico dei tratti di ferrovia aperti all'esercizio dal 1839 al 31 dicembre 1926" [Chronological overview of the features of the railways opened between 1839 and 31 December 1926]. Trenidicarta.it (in Italian). Alessandro Tuzza. Retrieved 1 January 2011. External link in
- "Flussi Annui nelle 103 Stazioni" [Annual flows at the 103 stations]. Centostazioni website (in Italian). Centostazioni. Retrieved 4 December 2010. External link in
Media related to Treviglio railway station at Wikimedia Commons