Trade (financial instrument)
In finance, a trade is an exchange of a security (stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies, derivatives or any valuable financial instrument) for "cash", typically a short-dated promise to pay in the currency of the country where the 'exchange' is located. The price at which a financial instrument is traded, is determined by the supply and demand for that financial instrument.
- Securities trade life cycle
- Order initiation and execution. (Front office function)
- Risk management and order routing. (Middle office function)
- Order matching and conversion into trade. (Front office function)
- Affirmation and confirmation. (back office function)
- Clearing and Settlement. (back office function)