Town of Kyabram
|Town of Kyabram|
Location in Victoria
|• Density||230.56/km2 (597.2/sq mi)|
|Area||25.85 km2 (10.0 sq mi)|
The Town of Kyabram was a local government area in the Goulburn Valley region, about 200 kilometres (124 mi) north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia, and 35 kilometres (22 mi) west of Shepparton. The town covered an area of 25.85 square kilometres (10.0 sq mi), and existed from 1954 until 1994.
The town was originally on the western edge of the Shire of Rodney, but on 1 April 1954, it was severed and became a borough. On 4 July 1973, Kyabram became a town. The town annexed 7.31 square kilometres (2.82 sq mi) of land from the Shire of Rodney on 1 October 1991.
On 18 November 1994, the Town of Kyabram was abolished, and, along with the City of Echuca and the Shires of Deakin, Rochester and Waranga, and a number of neighbouring districts, was merged into the newly created Shire of Campaspe.
The Town of Kyabram was not divided into wards, and its nine councillors represented the entire town.
* Estimate in the 1958 Victorian Year Book.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Victoria Office (1994). Victorian Year Book. p. 52. ISSN 0067-1223.
- Victorian Municipal Directory. Brunswick: Arnall & Jackson. 1992. pp. 544–545. Accessed at State Library of Victoria, La Trobe Reading Room.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (1 August 1995). Victorian local government amalgamations 1994-1995: Changes to the Australian Standard Geographical Classification (PDF). Commonwealth of Australia. p. 5. ISBN 0-642-23117-6. Retrieved 2008-01-05.