Toğrul Fərman oğlu Nərimanbəyov|
7 August 1930
2 June 2013 (aged 82)|
|Known for||Artist, Opera singer|
|Awards||People's Artist of Azerbaijan (1967), USSR State Prize (1980), Order of the Badge of Honour of Azerbaijan (2010)|
Narimbanbeyov was born in Baku. His father, Farman Narimanbeyov, who hailed from Shusha, studied in Toulouse; in 1929 he came back to Baku and participated in the construction of Mingachevir Hydro Power Plant, but in the 1930s was sentenced to imprisonment. His wife Irma, a Frenchwoman, was exiled to Uzbekistan and stayed there till 1961.
Esmer Nerimanbeyova his daughter from the first marriage is Honoured Artist of Azerbaijan and associate professor of Azerbaijan State Academy of Fine Arts.
François Narimanbekov is his son born May 24, 2001 of his second mariage with Sevil Narimanbekova. Besides artistic activity, Narimanbeyov had excellent voice and he performed various arias of Azerbaijani and foreign composers in his youth. In August 2010, he was awarded the Order of the Badge of Honour of Azerbaijan. He died, aged 82, in Paris.
- BBC Azeri Service News ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/azeri/azerbaijan/2013/06/130608_narimanbekov_died.shtml )
- Bown, Matthew Cullerne; Taylor, Brandon (1993). Art of the Soviets: painting, sculpture, and architecture in a one-party state, 1917-1992. Manchester University Press ND. pp. 152–. ISBN 978-0-7190-3735-1. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
The 'decorativism' denounced in the late 1940s broke out again all over the place, exemplified in the work of the Azeri painter, Togrul Narimanbekov.
- "Тогрул Нариманбеков: "Я поеду в Шушу не как гость, а как хозяин" - ИНТЕРВЬЮ-ФОТОСЕССИЯ". APA.az.
- [Zərif Çərşənbə https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj5R6MoGiqg]. ANS. 26 January 2010. Television.
- "Работы художника Тогрула Нариманбекова".
- "Большая трагедия знать, что нас сменит необразованное поколение – Эсмер Нариманбекова". azeri.ru.
- "Тогрул Нариманбеков награжден орденом "Шараф"". day.az.