|The Right Reverend|
|Bishop of Leicester|
|Diocese||Diocese of Leicester|
|In office||1999–11 July 2015 (retired)|
Bishop of Dunwich (1995–1999)|
Convenor of the Lords Spiritual (November 2009–May 2015)
31 December 1946|
Ilford, Essex, United Kingdom
|Residence||Bishop's Lodge, Leicester|
|Parents||Ralph Stevens & Ursula Plowman|
|Spouse||Wendi Price (m. 1973)|
|Children||1 daughter, Rachel (deceased) and 1 son, Adam|
|Alma mater||Selwyn College, Cambridge|
Timothy John Stevens, CBE, GCStJ (born 31 December 1946) is a British Anglican bishop. He was Bishop of Dunwich from 1995 to 1999 and was Bishop of Leicester from 1999 to 2015. From 2003 to 2015, he was a member of the House of Lords as a Lord Spiritual and served as Convenor of the Lords Spiritual from 2009 to 2015.
Stevens was born in Ilford, Essex, to Ralph Stevens and Ursula Plowman. He was educated at Chigwell School. He studied classics and English at Selwyn College, Cambridge, and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1968; as per tradition, this was promoted to a Master of Arts (MA (Cantab)) degree in 1972.
Stevens studied at Ripon Hall, Oxford, where he gained a diploma in theology. He was ordained in 1976, becoming a curate in East Ham in the same year. From 1979 to 1980, he was Team Vicar of Upton Park and from 1980 to 1988 Team Rector of Canvey Island. He was the Bishop of Chelmsford's urban officer from 1988 to 1991 and the Archdeacon of West Ham from 1991 and 1995.
Stevens became the Bishop suffragan of Dunwich in 1995 and held the position until 1999 when he was appointed as the Bishop of Leicester. It was announced on 18 November 2014 that Stevens was to retire in July 2015. On 11 July, he led his last service as Bishop of Leicester at Leicester Cathedral.
He took a seat in the House of Lords as one of the Lords Spiritual in 2003. He was the Convenor of the Lords Spiritual from November 2009 until May 2015. On 16 July 2015, he gave his last speech in the House of Lords. He was succeeded by the first female Lord Spiritual, Rachel Treweek, when parliament reconvened in the autumn.
Stevens was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2016 Birthday Honours for services to the Church of England and the community in Leicestershire.
On September 1, 2016, he was appointed as the Prelate of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem.
Stevens has been married to Wendi Kathleen Price since 1973. They had one daughter, now deceased, and have one son.
- Tim Stevens Esq (1946–1976)
- The Revd Tim Stevens (1976–1991)
- The Ven Tim Stevens (1991–1995)
- The Rt Revd Tim Stevens (1995—2016)
- The Rt Revd Tim Stevens, CBE, GCStJ (2016—Present)
- Church of England — New Convenor of the Lords Spiritual announced (Accessed 16 June 2015)
- Diocese of Leicester — Bishop of Leicester
- "The Right Reverend Timothy Stevens (Chair of Trustees)". Common Purpose. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Debrett's People of Today London, Debrett's, 2008 ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- Diocese of Leicester – Bishop Tim announces retirement (Accessed 18 November 2014)
- "Leicester Bishop Rt Rev Tim Stevens holds last service". BBC News. 11 July 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Bishop Tim retirement". Diocese of Leicester. 30 June 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- Biographical details
- The Lord Bishop of Leicester (Valedictory Speech) (16 July 2015). "Freedom of Religion and Belief". Parliamentary Debates (Hansard). United Kingdom: House of Lords. col. 779–780.
- The London Gazette: . 11 June 2016.
- "Appointment of Great Officers". stjohninternational.org. n.d. Retrieved 2016-09-02.