Tibor Živković (Serbian Cyrillic: Тибор Живковић; March 11, 1966 – March 26, 2013) was a Serbian historian who mostly studied Serbian history in the Early Middle Ages.
Živković was born in Mostar, and history studied at the Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Belgrade between 1985/86. and 1990, when he graduated at the Department of Antiquity. He received his MA in 1996 with a thesis slavizacija na teritoriju Srbije VII-XI stoljeća (Slavicization on the territory of Serbia 7th-11th centuries). He received his PhD in 2000 with a dissertation Slavs under Byzantine rule from the 7th to 11th Centuries (until 1025).
As of 1997, he worked at The Institute of History of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SANU), and was the director of the Historical Institute from 2002 to 2010, as well as editor in chief of the Drafting Committee editions of the Historical Institute.
During the doctoral studies he was a scholar of the Greek government (1997-1999). As a scholar of the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of Serbia stayed at the postdoctoral studies at the Center for Byzantine Research (Institute for Byzantine Research, National Hellenic Research Foundation). He has participated as a team leader in archaeological excavations along the Ibar river between 2003 and 2009. He has taught general Middle Ages at the Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Banja Luka.
His field of historical research involved complex issues related to the Early Middle Age history of South Slavs, and the territory of Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria, and Greece. Emphasis in his research was on the history of Serbs in the early Middle Ages. He also researched and gave new insights on the Chronicle of the Priest of Duklja (Gesta Regum Sclavorum), the early ecclesiastical history of the Serbian territory, and the early Serbian rulers. He published many scientific papers and books.
- Selected Charters of Serbian Rulers: (12th-15th Centuries): Relating to the Territory of Kosovo and Metohia (Athena, 2000) ISBN 978-86-8330-301-4
- Slaveni i Romeji (Belgrade, The Institute of History, 2000) ISBN 978-86-7743-022-1
- Живковић, Тибор (2002). Јужни Словени под византијском влашћу 600-1025 (South Slavs under the Byzantine Rule 600-1025). Београд: Историјски институт САНУ, Службени гласник.
- Живковић, Тибор (2004). Црквена организација у српским земљама: Рани средњи век (Organization of the Church in Serbian Lands: Early Middle Ages). Београд: Историјски институт САНУ, Службени гласник.
- Живковић, Тибор (2006). Портрети српских владара: IX-XII век (Portraits of Serbian Rulers: IX-XII Century). Београд: Завод за уџбенике и наставна средства.
- Živković, Tibor (2008). Forging unity: The South Slavs between East and West 550-1150. Belgrade: The Institute of History, Čigoja štampa.
- Gesta Regum Sclavorum I-II (Belgrade, The Institute of History, 2009) ISBN 978-86-7743-073-3
- De conversione Croatorum et Serborum: a lost source (Belgrade, The Institute of History, 2012) ISBN 978-86-7743-096-2
- Etničke promjene na teritoriju današnje Srbije u razdoblju od 6. do 10 stoljeća (1997)
- Prilog kronologiji avarsko-slovenskih odnosa 559-578. godine (1997)
- Etnički identitet Južnih Slovena (VII - XI stoljeće) - svjedočanstva suvremenika (1999)
- Pljevaljski kraj u ranom srednjem vijeku: neka razmišljanja (2001)
- Legenda o Pavlimira Bijelu (2003)
- Konstantin Porfirogenit i dubrovački pisci prije 1611 (2006)
- Zaboravljeni arhiepiskop Bara (2008)
- Trpimirova titula prema kazivanju Gottschalk-a (2009)
- Symbolism of Some Animals in the Early Medieval Serbia Tribute, Peace, and Friendship (2011)
- The Origin of the Royal Frankish Annalist's Information about the Serbs in Dalmatia (2011)
- "Sami smo odsekli deo naše istorije". nspm.rs. 2012-03-13.
- Cogo, Ikbal. "In memoriam - Tibor Živković (1966-2013)" (PDF). Godišnjak. ANUBiH. pp. 269–275. doi:10.5644/Godisnjak.CBI.ANUBiH-43.52.
- "Тибор Живковић". Istorijska biblioteka.