The First Teacher
|The first teacher|
|Directed by||Andrei Konchalovsky|
|Music by||Vyacheslav Ovchinnikov|
|Edited by||Eva Ladyzhenskaya|
The Russian Civil War ended not so long ago. Young Komsomol member and a former Red Army soldier Dyuyshen comes to the village as the new teacher of the village. His enthusiasm to bring new ideas immediately faces a centuries-old tradition of life in Central Asia. The former soldier tries to improve literacy to this far Moslem area while villagers didn't allow gỉrls to attend school. He then met Altynai, a 15-year-old illiterate girl who has a burning desire to study , but her aunt sells her to a powerful and wealthy chieftain. Then school is burned down and is rebuilt using centuries old trees, being a pride to the local population.
- Bolot Beyshenaliyev as The school teacher Dyuyshen
- Natalya Arinbasarova as Altynay
- Idris Nogajbayev as Narmagambet
- Darkul Kuyukova as Koltynay
- Kirey Zharkimbayev as Kartynbay
Prizes and awards
- Silver medal and Volpi Cup for Best Actress to Venice Film Festival (1966) - Natalia Arinbasarova
- Jussi Award for Best Foreign Director, Finland, 1973
- Аринбасарова Наталья Утевлевна. teatrkinoaktera.ru
- "The First Teacher". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Films: Bolot Beyshenaliyev". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Natalya Arinbasarova". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Idris Nogajbayev". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Darkul Kuyukova". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Jussi Awards for 1973". Retrieved 23 November 2015.