Telecommunications in Spain
This page offers information on telecommunications in Spain.
Telephones (landline and cellular)
- Telephones - main lines in use: 18.583 million (2007)
- Telephones - mobile cellular: 48.8 million (2007)
- Telephone system: generally adequate, modern facilities
- Television broadcast stations: 228 (plus 2,112 repeaters); note - these figures include 11 television broadcast stations and 89 repeaters in the Canary Islands (September 1995)
- Televisions: 16.2 million (1997)
- Internet service providers (ISPs): 49 (1999)
- Internet hosts: 3,264 million (2008)
- Internet users: 33.7 million (2012)
- Country code (Top-level domain): ES
- This article incorporates public domain material from the CIA World Factbook website https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html.